Streaming Online The Story of Will Rogers 1952 HD Movie Online

The Story of Will Rogers 1952 HD Movie Online



The Story of Will Rogers 1952The Story of Will Rogers 1952
iMDB Rating: 6.7

Date Released : 26 July 1952

Genre : Biography, Comedy, Drama, Western

Stars : Will Rogers Jr., Jane Wyman, Carl Benton Reid, Eve Miller." />

Movie Quality : BluRay

Format : MKV

Size : 780 MB



Download Trailer Subtitle


Watch The Story of Will Rogers Trailer :






Review :


He Never Met A Man He Didn't Like

This one is now out on DVD in the Warner Archives Collection. I saw this picture when it first came out - I was 11 at the time and I wanted to see if it held up in the ensuing 58 years, and I'm pleased to report it is just as entertaining and absorbing the second time around.

Such is not always the case. I did the same thing with "The High And The Mighty", and was disappointed at how trite and stagey the picture seemed when I saw it recently. But "Will Rogers" holds up, probably because it is a biography of a very famous American from the early part of the last century. Then as now, I was fascinated by what a dead ringer for his dad Will Rogers, Jr. was. I also think the movie benefited from a superior direction job.

Can I make one criticism? I didn't think Jane Wyman fit the part of a girlfriend/ wife from Oologah, Okla. She was too sophisticated, like a society chick from Riverside Drive who wouldn't bother with a bumpkin from Oologah. But that's just me.

In any case, this is worth buying and watching. I don't think it will be on TV any time soon as there are two scenes of Eddie Cantor and Al Jolson performing in blackface. Can't upset the PC crowd, you know.

Post a Comment